Know the DOM; Use the DOM
Plan, plan, plan
Plan as much as you can before writing any code.
- The more you plan, the smoother the code writing
- Sketch, draw story boards, write in English, draw wireframes, determine semantics, etc.
- Think about everything HTML & CSS provide already
DOM, DOM, DOM
Understand what each element provides & how they’re linked together.
- Understand when and why to use each HTML element
- Understand the attributes that you can use & abuse
- Understand the parent-child relationships
- Rely on CSS animations & transitions
- Swap classes whenever possible
- Rely on HTML that you’ve already written